HINDI

Why learn Hindi?

 

Hindi is the 4th most spoken language in the world with around 400 million speakers.

 

Hindi and Urdu are considered to be the same language, but written in different scripts, so learning Hindi will also allow you to speak and understand Urdu.

 

India is culturally rich and learning Hindi will allow learners to fully embrace the fascinating culture of the Hindi speaking areas in North India, which are rich in literature, poetry, wisdom, philosophy and of course Bollywood films and songs.

 

India is one of the most exotic, fascinating and exciting countries in the world to travel to and is a country full of history and ancient traditions. Knowing Hindi will help you get around, get to know the people and truly immerse yourself in the culture.

 

Although 10% of its population speak English, that leaves another 90% that do not! Being able to speak Hindi will open many doors and allow people to communicate with many Indians who do not speak English, particularly in the North.

 

India's economy is growing and Hindi could be a useful language to know in the future.

 

Finally, if you are not learning for any of the above reasons, maybe you are learning for family reasons or just general interest in Hindi and Indian culture.

 

Whatever the reason, Hindi is a fascinating language and not as difficult as you might think.

Basic Hindi phrases

 

नमस्ते                                  Hello

(namastay)  

          

आप कैसे हैं?                     How are you?

(ap kesay hey)  

 

मेरा नाम... है                     My name is...

(mera naam...hey)

 

मैं हिंदी बोलना हूँ                I speak Hindi

(may hindi bolta hoo)

 

मैं नहीं समझता                        I don't understand

(may nahee samajta)

 

ठीक                                      OK

(teek)

 

कोई बात नहीं                      No problem

(koy bat nahee)

 

फिर मिलेंगे                         See you later

(peer milengay)

 

 

Book your Hindi lessons now

 

PRIVATE HINDI TUTOR MEDWAY

 

LESSON PRICES:

 

£20 per hour for 1 person

£25 per hour for 2 people

 

*Please note that some tutors charge an extra £5 if travelling to their students' homes to teach.

 

For Hindi tuition, please fill in the form below giving your name and email address or a contact number and we will get back to you as soon as possible.

Name *

Email *

Phone

Subject

Message

            MEDWAY LANGUAGES TUITION

                 BRINGING LANGUAGES & CULTURE TO MEDWAY & KENT

Contact Medway Languages Tuition medwaylanguages@gmail.com,
59 Croydon Close, Lordswood, Chatham, Kent, ME5 8RT